Art, Technology, Cultural Heritage
July 10 – 23, 2010
Deadline to apply April 30
more info at email@example.com
Inglobe Technologies supports MEDIARS and the 2nd International Workshop on Interactive Media with the donation of the Augmented Reality plug-in for Google SketchUp ($100 value) to each participant in the program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In the castle of this breathtaking, medieval town in the heart of Italy, come to study and experiment how to merge innovative interactive technology with history and culture. The workshop provides conceptual background and technical skills to develop interactive installations for arts, museums, facade projections and cultural exhibits. Also, previous works done by MEDIARS members will provide examples of the work process.
THE INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
It is a 2-week full-time course on visual arts, media theory and technology in their relation to the place. The workshop is designed for students, scholars and artists from architecture, design, media arts and science fields. Classes are in English with a high quality tutoring, they are thought for the students to produce at the end of the training, an interactive multimedia art work that will be exhibited in the medieval town. Moreover, this experience abroad has already established an ongoing and growing dialogue between international artists.
This workshop is organized by the non-profit association MEDIARS (Centro Sperimentale di Media Interattivi per l’Arte e lo Spettacolo www.mediars.eu ) in collaboration with the local municipality and with international faculties and scholars from the University of Southern California, University of Florence, University of Berlin, University of California Los Angeles and California State University. With regard to the final work the students will use the technology owned by the Center, and they are free to bring theirs as well. The teachers would support and work as facilitators for the students to get the collective projects done.
Together with our tour guides we are setting up very special tours in Rome and surroundings that include most famous historical and contemporary sites as well as out of the main route places. The goal is to visit the most stimulating places to the participants so to come back with the full cultural and intellectual experience.
This year we’ll exhibit the final class work in a beautiful location: the Roman underground town in the historic center of Rieti.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
* 10-day workshop in Italy plus cultural activities
* No previous Italian language required * Program fee includes: tuition, housing, meals, excursions and cultural activities, trips to Rome. While the airfare is not included, information about convenient airfare can be provided upon request.
* Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and any scholar interested in the interdisciplinary field of technology and culture
* The Workshop includes lectures and lab hours
* The MEDIARS staff and Director organize cultural activities and housing accommodations and are available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
Intensive program with lectures in the mornings and lab work in the afternoons plus cultural activities.
Cost: $2,100 (US$) ( 1,500Euros ) all inclusive
Number of participants is limited
April 30 is the deadline for the application.
We ask to sign and return the application with your resume/bio or portfolio and a (non refundable) deposit of $500 (360 euros).
To apply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(for who’s interested: only the tuition fee is 300 euros)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COSTS:
* Housing at ‘Villa Franceschini’ immersed in a park of 3.7 acres.
* Tuition & fees
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Overseas Insurance
* Transfer from and to Rome airport
* Transportation for tours
* Cultural Activities, town visits, and monuments
* Tourist Guides for the excursions
* Guided tour in Rome
* Phone card to call U.S. if requested.
* Studio Equipment and Software